Monday 9 January 2012

About my hobbies

Apart from my academic endeavors, I like to read fictional stories, running, martial arts and gaming. I'm a firm believer in doing active stuff for both the mind and the body, with martial arts I find that you get both in a nice package.

I do WingTsun, which is a type of chinese kung fu specifically created for close-quarter self defence fighting. Although not many people have heard of it, it's actually very popular in the movies, with famous practitioners such as Bruce Lee and Robert Downey Jr. (who used some of the techniques in the Sherlock Holmes movies).

I also love Playstation 3 games. I'm a big fan of military style games and also role-playing games. A recent study has shown that game playing improves hand-eye coordination and it was found to even enhance the performance of surgeons... so I guess I'm not wasting all of my time on nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment